Saturday 30 June 2012

RESEARCH & PLANNING Initial Ideas

All Blogs for Initial Ideas


In my first lesson of As Advanced Media Studies, i have come up with some initial ideas for my teaser trailer;

· Holding A Baby: A young teen male has it all, a brilliant life, a lovely family, and he is popular at school. However, when his ex-girlfriend turns up on his door step with a baby in a pram, she ask him to look after the baby for an hour or two. She doesn't come back and we go through a tearful but, comedic journey in which we learn a hard lesson about life, relationships, and growing up to fast.
· Memoirs of A Double Life: In this idea, a teenager goes missing, a traumatic event happens to him, and he is found in a abandoned area. He ends up in a psychiatric hospital, mute, and in a state of catatonia. No one knows why or how but, his diary is missing.
· Rumour: When a rumour is generated about a young adult male assaulting a woman who he supposedly loved, he is killed. There are several suspects with several motives. Who is the killer and why did they do it?
· A Letter from England: A newly-wedded are all prepared for the start of their new life. However, there are serious complications with the birth, the mother dies four day after birth, and the father, a 27 Jamaican who had never been to England in his life, is all on his own. His family is back in Jamaica; his wife's family are evil, leaving him to fend for himself because he did not sign over the baby to them. Now, he has to bring up a premature baby on his own with no family or wife. Will he succeed?

Another Idea
One could say that my mind is childish, thus, so are the ideas I imagine. However, I see the world in a different way to everyone else and, yes, I may be a teenager but, the older I become mature my ideas. I have a wide array of ideas for my teaser trailers; many of them are happy, few of them are dark, a small number of them are funny, but, there is a mixture to develop and ripen.

The things that I have seen recently have made me change the perception I have on life; the way the media has lead many people to think that the Underground Rap Scene is nothing more than a group of wanabee gangster. Or, what about the rising number of outrageous murders and killing that slowly consume us?

The idea that I have come up with connects with the recent movement in which upcoming rappers like Labyrinth, Plan B, as well as singers like Leona Lewis, have been visiting their old schools. They have been taking young teenagers   (who have had torn up lives) and given them the chance to make something of themselves. They have used recording studios, put on public performances. So, after I watched the shows, I thought about making a movie trailer about a rapper trying to bring rap to Mainstream. I feel that I am compelled to do this because of my love of music and rap; I'm a poet, an author, and a ammeter rapper so I  have the knowledge of what I can do in this trailer.

Deeper Into my Ideas
Previously, I thought that attempting to produce and adaptation of Harold Pinter's play "The Dumb Waiter" would be impossible. However, I have had a light bulb moment and I realised that I do not need to make my teaser trailer in the same image of the play; I can us the same plot and storyline while adding changes of my own.

I have the perfect soundtrack but, I cannot remember the name or composer. It was composed by an Italian man and comes in the form of an instrumental. The beat is slow and hard hitting, the pace is slow and jumpy, every instrument packs a punch. It sets the muggy, tense, awkward, and sinister tone for a Pinter piece. I remember when Scott and I used it for the AS drama exam and the effect that it had on the audience and us because of the dark atmosphere that it had on us.

Over the next few weeks I will do some research on Pinter adaptations and gather up some ideas that can be used to attract a Pinter type audience. The play "The Dumb Waiter" was set in the 60s and has that quirky-classy feel. I will also find out about the Whip Pan Transition editing technique (more about this in another post), the setting that was popular back then, and, I need to find a way to embed a Pinter trademark like his pauses because this will attract his type of audience.

Ideas for my Teaser Trailer

It was today that I came up with this idea. I was thinking; the CHERUB Series by would renowned author, Robert Muchamore. I could maybe do a film adaptation of his first novel within the series, The Recruit. I mean, I feel that it would be quite easy because it involves a 12 year old son, his sister, their mum, and a few other people. The boy is the son of a thieving terrorist who accidently kills herself when she mixes alcohol with drink. When she dies, the boy is brought to a care home with his sister, the sister is taken away by her father, he ends up in a gang and on the wrong side of the law, despite being very intelligent, and then he gets recruited into CHERUB, the secret operations unit.

That’s an overview but, I will say no more except I attend an all boys Secondary/6th Form College and we have a brilliant Expressive Arts Department were there are over seventy 12—18 year olds taking the subject. Plus, I’m an actor myself so I have experience in acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment